What is humidity?
It is the amount of water vapor present in the air in a certain area. The proportions vary in each area. If the air has low humidity Water will evaporate a lot, but if the air has high humidity, Less water will evaporate. As water evaporates, it causes the temperature of the environment to drop. This is because evaporated water absorbs heat from things. It is used for evaporation. For example, the temperature of a wet thermometer decreases. The temperature of the water in the clay blisters decreases, etc. Human sweat is It is also considered humidity. This may come from evaporation to cool the body. The sweat will be produced from exercise Or when the body is stimulated by emotions such as fear, pressure or stress, it can also cause sweat.
And if the humidity or sweat of a person Reacts to the hearing aid. What will happen?
Humidity, sweat and hearing aids
All types of hearing aids It will naturally have an effect on humidity. And if we use a hearing aid while we are sweating then Moisture from sweat will interact with the hearing aid. Make the internal equipment of the hearing aid It turns out to be green rust. Or it can become salty. And even more so if you don’t take care of your hearing aids properly or if you don’t keep them clean. It may result in damage to the hearing aid, such as the hearing aid having unclear sound. The equipment inside the hearing aid is damaged or deteriorates prematurely, etc.
Protecting hearing aids from moisture
1. You should remove your hearing aid in cases where it encounters moisture, such as when it rains or when you encounter hot weather and sweat comes out. And after showering, you should dry yourself completely before putting on the hearing aid.
2. After using the hearing aid, remove the moisture with the hearing aid dehumidifier. Regularly so that there is no humidity, at least 1 time / day.
3. Hearing aids should be cleaned. Clean at the service center at least once a month.
4. Store charcoal after use in a dry area or at room temperature.
5. After using the hearing aid, the hearing aid should be stored in the packaging box.
6. Do not remove the hearing aid and store it in your pocket or wrapped in tissue paper.
7. The battery should not be left in the hearing aid in case of discontinuation of use. This is because the battery will interact with the hearing aid, causing moisture in the hearing aid.
How to fix if your hearing aid has moisture
1. Use a clean cloth to absorb the moisture. Or use a humidifier (if available) or a hair dryer. Blow dry (do not leave the hearing aid in the dryer for a long time). You should alternately blow for about 5 minutes, not longer than that because the equipment inside the hearing aid may melt.)
How to remove the device after moisture builds up if you have a hearing aid dehumidifier.
1.1 Pull the batteries out of the hearing aid.
1.2 Dry the hearing aid before putting it in the dehumidifier.
1.3 Takes approximately 1 hour.
You should avoid wearing hearing aids while exercising or doing activities that cause sweat. To avoid green rust in hearing aids And always remove the batteries from your hearing aids after use.